For some of us, feeling sleepy or tired is not a big deal. But when you have slept long during night time but still feel exhausted or tired during the day, this should give you an alarm and see your doctor. And if one reason that you always feel tired is that you were not able to sleep properly at night, or couldn’t reach 6 to 8 hours of sleep, then your inability to sleep might have underlying health issues. I am talking about sleep apnea or narcolepsy.
Here Are Other Reasons Why You Always Feel Tired
- Vitamin deficiency – If you have iron deficiency, Vit D, B-12, magnesium, or potassium, it is normal to feel tired. Aside from supplements, you can treat this problem naturally by eating healthy foods rich in vitamins. Your doctor will prescribe you supplements that will correct your deficiency.
- Sleep deprivation – if you have a habit of sleeping late at night, then it will significantly take a toll on your energy level the next day. We need at least 7 hours of sleep every night. But if you sleep this long it is impossible for you; you need to ask for help from your doctor.
- Diet – Women who are on a diet usually skip meals, resulting in not getting the required amount of calories daily. The calories keep your energy level up. If you do not eat properly, then you always feel sleepy and tired all the time.
- Sedentary Lifestyle – Have you noticed that people who have an active lifestyle are always on the move, and it seems that they are energized all the time? It is because our lifestyle affects our body’s coping mechanism to activities. If you have a sedentary lifestyle, whose daily activities are just sitting around watching tv and doing nothing, then it is expected that you will always feel tired and sleepy. Keeping your body on the move, exercising every day will boost your energy level.
- Stress – dealing with stress causes you headaches, muscle tension, and fatigue. No wonder that when you are stressed, you are easily exhausted. Learning to deal with stress properly will improve your energy level.
- Depression – Depression is the main reason that a person loses interest in living. That is why a depressed person lacks energy and is tired of doing anything.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – the cause of this condition is still unknown. The symptom of this condition is extreme fatigue that cannot be treated with sleep.
- Diabetes – if you have diabetes, your body cannot produce enough insulin, leading to high blood sugar. It causes irritability and fatigue. So you must be watchful of the symptoms. You may never know what causes you to feel tired and sleepy even at day.
These are common causes why you always feel tired and sleepy. Some of the reasons mentioned need proper medication, so when you think that your condition is not improving even with sleep and your home remedies. Obesity and sleep disorders are other causes of fatigue. To be sure that you will be treated correctly, consult your doctor to know the underlying cause and the proper treatment.