Soy milk is dairy-free and solely made from soybean. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in soy milk are proven to have many health benefits, including; reduce the risk of obesity, treat high blood pressure, heart disease, and other health issues. It also contains plant based-protein that supports healthy muscles and organs. Other than that, soy milk is rich in magnesium that releases the hormone serotonin into your body. Serotonin is a substance that works as an antidepressant. Therefore, drinking soy milk can also boost your mood. It can also prevent anemia and fatigue.
Below Are The Health Benefits Of Consuming Soy Milk Regularly
- Improves Muscle mass – soy milk is rich in fiber that can help in maintaining a good cholesterol level. Along with your low-fat diet, the proteins in soy milk aids in eliminating obesity and will gradually improve your muscle mass.
- Suitable for the heart – soy milk is rich in vitamins and minerals and polyunsaturated fats that promote a healthy heart. And since it improves your cholesterol level, it is effective in keeping your heart in shape. Drinking soy milk every day improves plasma lipid levels, which will help in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Healthy bones – just like other milk, soy milk is also rich in calcium. Calcium keeps the bone strong, dense, and intact – reducing the risk for injuries. When you have a daily intake of calcium, you will never get easily fractured or injured in any extreme sports.
- Anti-aging properties – a study proves that soy milk contains compounds that have anti-aging properties. Other than that, it is clinically proven to aid in healing skin issues. It reduces skin outbreaks and reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Promotes hair growth – drinking soy milk every day encourages hair growth and keeps your hair moisturized and manageable.
- Antidepressant – the vitamin B6 and vitamin B complex in soy milk aids in improving your mood. Plus, the serotonin hormones released by soy milk works as an antidepressant.
- Good for the brain – our body cannot form our healthy fatty acids, which is called Omega-3. Soya milk is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which is also essential for our brain health. Omega 3 is said to help reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduce symptoms of menopause – according to studies; soy milk contains isoflavones which act as a weak form of estrogen that helps reduce the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes.
- A point to remember – Anything consumed that is more than what is required may have adverse effects. Too much consumption of soy milk might reduce the production of thyroid hormones. However, this study is still inconclusive and needs further evidence and studies. And also, if you have an allergy to soy products, you must avoid soy milk at all costs.
Now that you know the health benefits that soy milk can give, you can now start including soy milk in your daily meal plan. Many products in the market also contain soybeans. The good thing about this dairy-substitute milk is that it is plant-based, therefore an excellent choice for vegans.