Mouth ulcer is a painful sore/erosion inside the delicate tissue lining inside our mouth that is usually caused by accidentally biting the tongue or inside the cheek. Injury from the sharp bristles of our toothbrush is also one of the common causes. In some cases, mouth sores can occur because of aphthous ulceration, medications, skin rashes, chemicals, systemic medical diseases, underlying deficiency such as; Vitamin B and Iron.
Though mouth ulcer is harmless and can be resolved within ten days without medication, we still need to heal it fast or prevent it because it can affect our eating habits. The sores or lesions make it very uncomfortable for us to eat. You cannot eat salty, sour, and spicy foods because when it touches the lesions, it only worsens the pain.
How To Prevent Mouth Ulcers?
Mouth sores are annoying. I always got it because I have this habit of biting my inner cheek walls. Every time it gets worse, it dramatically affects my eating habits. Sometimes, I even felt the pain at the base of my teeth, and I always have this urge to scratch the sore area with my teeth. I don’t know if this experience is the same for others who have mouth ulcers.
The following are the easy practices that you can do to prevent mouth ulcers:
- Practice oral hygiene – always keep your mouth clean and healthy but brushing and your teeth regularly.
- To avoid injury while brushing, use high-quality toothbrushes. Soft bristles toothbrush is advisable.
- Consume fresh fruits, vegetables and supplements that are rich in A, C, and E to lessen the risk of mouth cancer.
- Taking Shiruto supplement reduces mouth ulcers, and it also helps in protecting ourselves from mouth cancer and any disease for it is efficient in strengthening our immune system.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Know the underlying medical reason if you feel your mouth ulcer is not typical. Seek for professional’s help.
What To Do If You Have A Mouth Ulcer?
There is nothing to worry about if ever you have mouth ulcers. As I have mentioned earlier, it is harmless and will heal in less than two weeks even without treatment. Based on my experience, gargling warm water with salt and letting the solution wash the sore area helps in easing the pain and that itchy feeling. Plus it cleans, and the salt sanitizes the lesions. Managing the symptoms of mouth ulcers properly will reduce the complications.
Other suggested treatments of mouth ulcers are the following:
- Avoid spicy and sour foods.
- Drink plenty of water
- Take a pain reliever like paracetamol and mefenamic acid.
- Use alcohol-free medicated mouthwash to gargle. The alcohol will kill bacteria inside your mouth.
When I start taking Shiruto, I don’t get mouth sores anymore. If it starts to occur due to injury, it will just heal in just two days. Not like before that it has to take ten days or two weeks to disappear. Shiruto Supplement helps not just mouth ulcers but many conditions. Plus it improves our immunity.
If you think your mouth ulcer is healing slowly as it should, then ask the doctor for proper interventions and treatment. Some mouth ulcers have underlying medical causes, so asking for professional advice is needed. Remember, it is better to be sure than to be sorry.