Have you checked yourself in the mirror lately and asked, “Why does my skin look pale and dull?”. If so, then one primary reason is aging. Another reason is your lifestyle and, of course, stress. Sometimes the weather also affects our skin. That is why there are remedies to maintain skin luster, whatever the reason for its dullness. Our skin is our main protection to our body organs. As we age, our skin changes its look. For some, this fact is so hard to accept. I have enjoyed my youth and was amazed by the skin that God has given me. I’m blessed with fairer skin when I was young. Sadly, this is not permanent. We all go through the stages in life. Like flowers, our physical look will fade, and the main sign is when our skin will look pale and dull.
Causes Of Pale And Dull Skin
- Aging – Aging is a natural process. And as we age, our skin becomes lighter and translucent because melanocytes in our skin decrease. However, self-care tips will help you manage dullness, or you can consult your dermatologist for the proper skincare regimen for your dull skin.
- Dead skin cells – this is the major reason for the dullness of our skin. Exfoliation is the most popular remedy to remove dead skin cells.
- Dry skin – we can manage dry skin by moisturizing.
- Dehydration – drink enough water to hydrate and eat foods that contain natural fatty oil like that from nuts and avocado.
- Stress – increases our cortisol levels, therefore, affecting skin repair function.
- Lack of sleep – it is during sleep that our skin repairs itself. So when you’re sleep-deprived, your skin doesn’t have enough of a chance to improve.
- Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays – causes dryness and dullness to our skin aside from damaging it.
- Unhealthy skin – lack of vitamins causes dullness, and certain diseases make our skin paler.
Skincare routines are necessary. Signs of significant illness through skin When we are sick, our skin will look pale and dull. We know that someone is sick through his/her skin texture or look. Stress can also affect the brightness of our skin. A lot of us maybe don’t notice it and have been busy applying anything on our skin. They don’t think that having stress is one that causes the skin to be dull and dry. Health problems are determined by looking at the texture of our skin. Many experts get their first conclusion with the condition of one person by just examining the pale and dull skin of the patient and leaving it to their final diagnosis through many blood tests and other medical tests to justify someone’s illness fully. While we are young, let’s take good care of this physical look that we had. Our skin is the main attraction and body shield. Let’s not forget to always look stunning by embracing our natural skin by giving the exact vitamins and essentials to maintain its freshness and glow.